In WordPress we can edit our theme and plugin files very easily. For that we must change the file permissions (chmod) in wp-content folder. But in Joomla we could not edit and rename the files etc… Also we could not change the file permissions in Joomla Folder. For this problem the eXtplorer Component (Joomla File Management Component) helps to freely edit your files in Joomla. Also available in Mambo.
Steps in Joomla:
- Just Download eXtplorer and install the component. Installers > Components and Browse to downloaded component and click the Upload File & Install.
- After installation you can see the option in Components menu.
- Open the eXtplorer, By default it will open the File manager without FTP Configurations. You can also switch to FTP mode. (See the Screen shots)
eXtplorer for your other Sites:
eXtplorer is a web-based File Manager. You can use it to
- browse directories & files on the server and
- edit, copy, move, delete files,
- search, upload and download files,
- create and extract archives,
- create new files and directories,
- change file permissions (chmod) and much more…
The Main Features of eXtplorer are:
- Copy & Move Files and Directories by Drag&Drop.
- Dynamic Directory Tree with on-demand loading of subdirectories
- Edit Files (with Syntax-Highlighting thanks to EditArea)
- Rename, Delete or Create new Files and Directories
- Access Files through FTP or directly (using PHP) to totally overcome permission and file ownership issues
- Upload or Download files just as you like
- Create and Extract Archives (ZIP, Tar, Tar/GZ, Tar/BZ)
- User Management with different permission levels like “View only” or “Edit” and “Admin”
- Available as a component for Joomla! and Mambo.