Connection Keeper is an invaluable time-saving tool for dial-up users. This free program simulates Internet browsing (at a random interval) to prevent your connection from appearing idle, thus preventing your ISP from dropping your connection due to inactivity. Connection Keeper can also automatically close many types of popup windows, such as those asking if you wish to stay connected. And if your connection is lost, Connection Keeper can automatically dial back in, restoring the connection as fast as possible. Save your time and sanity – try Connection Keeper today.
- Works with all versions of Windows® 95, 98, NT4, 2000, ME, XP, 2003, and Vista.
- Can be set to automatically redial if the connection is lost.
- Can automatically close popup windows that ask the user if they want to stay online.
- Can be minimized to the system tray so that it does not take up space on your taskbar.
- Can run when you are not even connected to the Internet. It waits patiently until you connect before it does anything.
- Uses very little computer resources.
- The query that is sent to the ISP takes up almost no bandwidth. You can run Connection Keeper in the background regardless of whether or not you are using the Internet without fear that your connection will be slowed down.
- The interval at which Connection Keeper queries the ISP is adjustable, or it can be set to a random interval.
- You can choose whether or not Connection Keeper requests a real or bogus URL. You have full control over the real URL’s that are queried.
- If you are a webmaster, Connection Keeper can be used to monitor your web site. It will let you know if a page is not downloading properly. Errors can be reported by a popup window or by email.
- Command line parameters can be used to close a specific popup window.
- Command line parameters can be used to check for the existence of a file. A message window will only appear if there is a problem. This is useful for checking the status of your network when your computer boots up, for example.
- Command line parameters can be used to download a web page and report any errors that occur. This is useful for checking the status of your web site when your computer boots up, for example.
- Connection Keeper installs no spyware and displays no advertisements.