What is a parasite?

Before you embark on self-diagnosis of parasite-related symptoms, it is important to understand what a parasite is. According to the CDC, “a parasite is an organism that lives on or inside a host and feeds on or at the expense of the host.” There are three classes of parasites: Protozoa, small single-celled organisms that live in the intestines, blood or tissues; helminths, parasites such as tapeworms, roundworms and hookworms; and ectoparasites, ticks, fleas, lice and ticks that attach to or burrow into the skin. The parasite can cause illness and even death, but fortunately, if the infestation is detected in time, it can be treated with medication. (And sometimes they are just a nuisance and an inconvenience, but not necessarily life-threatening, like lice). Here are some silent signs and symptoms of parasites that may indicate you are dealing with one of these tiny invaders, including the parasites of millions of people. means it is contained. The United States knows this and doesn’t.

Have you swallowed (or swam in) questionable water:
Whether you travel abroad, drink from the tap or swim in a lake, ingesting contaminated water is one of the most common causes of parasites. Physician in Las Vegas. In fact, before you drink your next glass of water, you should know if your tap water is safe.

Facebook Comments