This is what happens to your body 10 hours after applying nail polish!

Nail polishes can have serious implications for our health. A recent study found that many of America’s most popular nail polish brands are actually very harmful.

Twenty-four women participated in the study, and experts evaluated the effects of chemical toxins on their bodies.

The source of these chemicals was nail polish.

All of the women in the study showed signs of triphenylphosphate in their bodies as early as 10 hours after the nail polish was applied.

In a follow-up study, the same researchers analyzed 10 different nail polishes for triphenylphosphate and found it in 8 of them.

What’s more, two of these eight nail polishes did not even indicate the presence of this chemical on the label.

This means that 20% of the nail polishes we buy contain harmful chemicals that are not listed on the label.

Triphenylphosphate (or TPHP) is a dangerous chemical that disrupts the human endocrine system, which controls all our hormones.

According to the study’s lead researcher, Dr. Heather Stapleton,

“There is growing evidence that TPHP can affect hormone regulation, metabolism, reproduction and development.

Therefore, this is extremely alarming for young girls who use nail polish on a daily basis, and whose healthy hormonal development is vital to their growth.”

TPHP is a known:

a neurotoxin (causes developmental effects)
A reproductive toxin
A skin irritant and allergen
An endocrine toxin

Other harmful ingredients in nail polish include:

Facebook Comments